The NIA Advisory Group has been established to provide a forum for stakeholders to engage with the project and provide recommendations on delivery. Download the Advisory Group Terms of Reference here..
To find out how you can contribute to this process, please contact us.
Sixth Meeting: Planning for the Future (4 November 2014)
We will be holding our next meeting of the Advisory Group on 4 November. Contact us for more information or to register your interest in attending. This meeting will be an interactive session with the NIA Advisory Group with a forward focus, looking ahead beyond the current 2012-2015 funding period.
Fifth Meeting: Project Delivery (23 April 2014)
Attendees were invited to review NIA achievements and challenges from the first two years of the project. This was also an opportunity to introduce some new faces in the NIA to the wider Advisory Group, such as the new TEP Director and Kent Wildlife Trust. Presentations covered the following topics (and are available on request):
- Review of Yr 2 Delivery – Essex County Council
- Update on HLF and LIFE+ Applications (Obj 5 funding bids) – Sheils Flynn
- TE2100 presentation – Environment Agency
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement – RSPB
- Climate Change Adaptation Action Plan – RSPB
- Farm Conservation Advice – NIA Adviser
A note of the meeting is available for download here. Please contact us for further information or a copy of the presentations.
Fourth Meeting: Progress Update (29 November 2013)
This meeting was an opportunity to update wider stakeholders on progress at roughly the halfway point of Defra-funded delivery. Presentations covered the following topics:
- Review of delivery 18 months in – Thames Estuary Partnership
- Legacy and resources: an update on Obj 5 funding bids – Sheils Flynn
- Demonstration of GIS Mapping Tool and next steps – Greening the Gateway Kent and Medway
Third Meeting: Annual Review (28 June 2013)
This meeting was an excellent opportunity to review progress to date and feedback to the Advisory Group on some of the work that the NIA intends to deliver over the coming year. We also had presentations on the following issues:
- Update on Obj 5 Funding Bid Development – Sheils Flynn
- Biodiversity Offsetting – Environment Bank
- NIA Planning Policy Guidance – Essex County Council
Second Meeting: NIA Legacy Workshop (27 February 2013)
Thank you all for your contributions at another well attended meeting in London. This meeting focused on two key issues:
- Natural England’s work creating a Climate Change Habitat Vulnerability Model – we had an opportunity to view and discuss the outputs of this work and agreed to include this as a key element of the Obj 1 mapping
- Exploring potential ideas for future projects to continue delivery of the NIA beyond the existing funding period (Obj 5 legacy and resources)
Following this meeting, our consultants Sheils Flynn have been working to develop clearer and better proposals to inform the development of funding bids.
First Meeting: Establishing the Advisory Group (21 September 2012)
The first meeting of the Advisory Group was held a University College London and was attended by representatives from a wide range of relevant organisations. The purpose of this meeting was to give stakeholders an introduction and overview of the NIA, it’s aims and objectives, and also to establish the role of the Advisory Group.
Click here to download a note of this meeting.