The scientific and technological revolution and the use of mineral resources of the earth have led to the fact that the ecological situation on our planet is deteriorating literally every day. The level of pollution of the subsoil, hydrosphere and air layer of the earth is approaching a critical level. Humanity is on the verge of a global man-made disaster. Fortunately, more and more government and public organizations understand the depth and danger of the problem. Work on improving nature is gaining momentum. Modern technologies offer many ways to solve environmental problems, including creating ecological types of fuels, ecological transport to finding new environmentally friendly sources of energy and the wise use of Earth’s resources.
Ways to solve the problem
The approach to environmental issues should be integrated. It should include long-term and planned activities aimed at all areas of society.
For a cardinal improvement of the ecological situation, both on the earth as a whole and in a single country, it is necessary to implement the following measures:
- Legal. These measures include the creation of environmental laws. International agreements are equally important;
- Economic. The elimination of the effects of anthropogenic impact on nature requires serious financial injections;
- Technological. The use of new technologies in the mining, metallurgical and transport industries will minimize environmental pollution. The main task is to create environmentally friendly energy sources;
- Organizational. The measure involves the uniform distribution of transport along the streams in order to prevent its long accumulation in one revenge;
- Architectural. It is advisable to plant large and small settlements, to divide their territory into zones using plantings. Planting around businesses and along roads is equally important.
Particular importance should be attached to the protection of flora and fauna. Their representatives simply do not have time to adapt to changes in the environment.
Current methods of improving nature
Awareness of the dramatic situation in ecology forced humanity to take urgent and effective measures to correct it.
The most popular activities include:
- Reduction of household and industrial waste. This is especially true of plastic utensils. It is gradually replaced by paper. Studies are being conducted to eliminate bacteria that feed on plastics;
- Wastewater treatment. Billions of cubic meters of water are consumed annually to support various branches of human activity. Modern sewage treatment plants allow you to clean it to its natural state;
- Transition to pure energy sources. This means a gradual abandonment of nuclear energy, engines and furnaces that run on coal and petroleum products. The use of natural gas, wind, solar energy and hydroelectric power plants ensures the purity of the atmosphere. The use of biofuels can significantly reduce the concentration of harmful substances in the exhaust gases;
- Protection and restoration of land and forests. New forests are planted in the field of cutting. Measures are being taken to drain the lands and protect them from erosion.
Constant agitation in favor of ecology changes the views of people on this problem, inclining them to respect the environment.
Prospects for improving nature in the future
In the future, the main efforts will be aimed at eliminating the consequences of man-made human activities and reducing harmful emissions.
There are the following prospects:
- Construction of special plants for the full disposal of all types of waste. This will allow not to occupy new territories for landfills. The energy obtained from burning can be used for the needs of cities;
- The construction of thermal power plants operating on the “solar wind” (Helium 3). This substance can be found on the moon. Despite the high cost of its production, the energy obtained from the “solar wind” is thousands of times higher than the heat transfer from nuclear fuel;
- Transfer of all vehicles to power plants operating on gas, electricity, batteries and hydrogen. This solution will help reduce emissions;
- Cold nuclear fusion. This option for obtaining energy from water is already under development.
Despite the serious damage caused to nature, mankind has every chance to return it to its original appearance.